It seems the holidays have arrived in 7 quick steps with accompanying music.
1) Ohio U. students returned to town and held big Halloween bash. (They did the mash, they did the MONster mash. It was a smash. It was a GRAVEyard smash.)
2) The leaves are a beautiful golden color, with light filtering through them each morning as we were forced to drive a new route, through the hills, due to road construction. (This Land Is Your Land, This Land Is My Land, from Ca-li-forn-ia to the NewYork Is-lands...)
3) The construction came, came, came, then went. Sort of. (Ya take 16 tons and whatdaya get? Another day older and deeper in debt. St. Peter don't ya call me cause I don' wanna go, I owe my soul to the company store...)
4) The leaves fell. All 83,432,075 according to Tyler (the Pekingese's) count. (I'm faaaaaa-lling, yes I'm faaaaaa-aa-lling, I'm faaaaaa-lling, in love with you.) cue cute Pekingese face.
5) We watched baseball. Our team lost. (Take me out to the ball game... Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks. I don't care if I never get back...)
6) Much sadness at death and injury of brave folks at Ft. Hood. (Did I ever tell you you're my hero? You're everything I would like to be? You can fly higher than an eagle...you are the wind beneath my wings.)
6) We noticed it was November. (Let us break bread together on our knees. Let us break bread together on our knees. When I fall on my knees, with my face to the rising sun. Oh, Lord have mercy on me.)
7) I wore a scarf. (Button up your overcoat, when the wind is free. Take good care of yourself, you belong to me.)
And that about sums it up. I have no plans to replicate this with Christmas music next month, don't worry!